Friday, February 11, 2011

Iphone4 @ Verizon

You suck, you temptress
Why must you flash your goodies to me through my phone carrier when I finally decided to cut ties with the wireless phone industry once my two-year contract is up in August? 
I curse you Iphone 4, and I hereby declare, I will not be purchasing you

For many reasons: 
*Namely, I am so tired of Verizon trying to weasel me out of money I do NOT have.
*Secondly, I feel that I am already overly enthralled with the internet and other technologies, if I were to purchase the Iphone 4, I would probably be dead to the world.
*Lastly, I've decided I want to live more simply.

So, for the aforementioned reasons noted above, Iphone 4, I will not be enticed by your abundant apps, or your colorful display.

Honestly, I can't see the Iphone 4 bringing any more happiness into my life. Maybe a few convenient features, but happiness? 
Nah.

On a lighter note,
I am still taking part in Ange's Swellbeing Project.
I thought I'd post my progress along with the daily challenge, but I don't think writing a post everyday is a feasible task for me.

Challenge 4: 
Get Spinach Stuck In Your Teeth
The objective:
Have a green protein shake daily--within 1 hr of workout is best. 
It's easy to do and it provides so many nutrients in just one drink!

Post-workout, it is important to consume carbs and protein and to steer clear from fat.
Ange's green shake/smoothie includes: 
*nut milk (protein)

*spinach (greens-nutritional powerhouse)

*protein powder (plant based-hemp or rice protein)

*maca (superfood w/amino acids)

*cinnamon (balances blood sugar)

*chia seeds (omega 3s, fiber)

*frozen banana (for a creamy texture)

*frozen berries (antioxidants).

I actually started to make green smoothies for breakfast a couple of days before joining The Swellbeing Project, so this one would've been an easy challenge. However, SOMEONE decided to drop the blender I was using, SO until I can buy another one, I can not make green smoothies AT ALL. 
Salads for lunch...here I come!!

SIDENOTE: 
I never really thought of drinking a green smoothie/shake as an after workout snack (even though I have chocolate protein shake w/peanut butter), but what better way to have superfoods flood your body then right after a good workout when your muscles are in need of repair and your body is thirsting for nutrients. 

Challenge 5 (&& quote of the day):
Dry Skin Brushing
Objective:
Dry skin brush for 2 minutes everyday.
"What then shall i do this morning? How we spend our days are, of course, how we spend our lives . . . there is no shortage of good days. It is good lives that are hard to come by." -Annie Dillard

Man, I am really diggin' this Ange chic, her lovely challenge, and her inspiring quotes :)

on to the challenge
Dry-Skin Brushing Benefits:
-drains lymphatic system (toxins clog this up) which can create cellulite
-helps with circulation
-aids in exfoliating
-stimulates nervous system


I've tried this before, but it just didn't stick with me and my routine. 
Not that it's hard to do, or that it even takes up THAT much extra time, or maybe it was a little inconvenient to do right before my shower if I was short on time, OR maybe I felt a little silly brushing my body. 
Well, after watching Ange's video, and refreshing my memory on the benefits, I would say those benefits certainly out weigh the "cons" I contrived :)
Time to get a body brush-here's to happy, glowing, toxin-free skin! 

Jump on this 30-day challenge with me! Go to Ange's blog at http://www.healthandswellbeing.com/

happy day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You're rocking the challenge!! Ange is awesome and these are all good tips. And a few posts back you were worried about some cookies--Ange would agree it's all about balance! Being healthy is not being strict or restrictive, so enjoy it and be kind to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so interesting; I haven't heard of a challenge like this. hope to hear about its benefits soon! thanks for stopping in sorry I've been a horrid reader lately. catching up right now!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete