Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2 Guitar Jam && Detox Update && A Surprise

I started the detox on August 4.
It is now August 23.
The last day of my detox is September 4.

What have I gained so far from doing this detox?

Firstly, I don't eat as much, nor do I feel that I need a lot of food to sustain me. I'm able to eat until I'm full and to not eat again until I'm actually hungry. I no longer mistake boredom, or stress, or anger, or any emotion for that matter, as hunger. (This is a very good thing since before this detox I was eating constantly; I'd gained almost 10 pounds since June 2010 due to my emotional eating habits.)

Since beginning the detox I've lost 3 pounds and I feel as though I've gained some more muscle-you know that stuff that keeps your metabolism revving and helps you maintain a lean physique-from my daily workouts.

I'm also reading two very influential books at the moment:
  1. "CLEAN-Remove.Restore.Rejuvenate-The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself"-Alejandro Junger, M.D. ---This book is the reason for the detox I've commited to doing.
  2. "The Metabolic Effect Diet-Eat More, Work Out Less, And Actually Lose Weight While You Rest"-Jade Teta, ND, CSCS and Keoni Teta, ND, LAc, CSCS ---This book is a way for me to get the lean and fit body type that I'm striving for.
Both of these books are a must read, especially the "CLEAN" one. It's very informative and I believe everyone should try the detox.

I am also extending the detox past the 30 days my doctor prescribed to me. Mostly because I went on vacation last week and didn't follow the detox as I should have, but also because I finally feel at ease with food. I feel great with the way I'm eating, mentally and physically, and I feel great about the things I've learned through reading the book about the detox.

Anyway, 

check out my boyfriend Yosh doing what he does best :)











BTW, I am auditioning for The Voice next week in LA. Wish me well loves! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that you're feeling so good from the detox. Just make sure you don't detox too long. Aren't they supposed to be short term things? You probably know more about it than I, but as your aunt, I worry you know :)

    As for your audition for The Voice....awesomeness! Now I have to go look up The Voice and figure out what on earth it is. Despite my ignorance, I wish you the best of luck with the audition hun! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to update you that I posted again....Chaser's 2nd art project. Check it out!

    http://silverfaeries-dragonflies.blogspot.com/2011/09/365-project-taks-project-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about auditioning for The Voice, I love that show :) Congrats on losing 3 pounds, that's awesome! Following you back, thanks for following my blog and leaving sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck on the audition I'm sure you'll do amazing:)

    http://celebinspiredclothes.com

    xoxo
    lili

    ReplyDelete