Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sticky Sweet

My dinner this lovely evening:
A wonderful idea reignited in me by my pal Chelsea;
we work together and she ate a lunch kinda like this one day.

simple & easy & filling

i like my egg:
not runny
not dry
but sticky
mmm.

here's some nose piercing advice:
When biting into nectarines, or apples, said nose ring needs to be tucked into your nose, otherwise it kind of hurts.

oh, and a show of hands (or comments :]) if you love getting sticky nectarine juice on yo chin? 
mmhm.

I've decided to revert to a way of eating that I was once really passionate about; however, this time organic meats will be included, as well as organic eggs. I am referring to a time when I labeled myself a vegan eating chica. This time: No labels; just eating yummy nutritious and whole foods, as close to nature as possible, with a free day to have some of my most cherished eats.

something just occurred to me: i don't like cooking, so why not eat more raw meals, which goes hand in hand with eating as close to nature as possible?
yep. that sounds like a fab idea.

Anyway, hope you all had a wonderfully happy, exciting, invigorating day!

7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!!

    xoxo,
    megs

    lifeofnashvegasmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a yummy meal. i need to eat more veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to Puerto Rico a couple of years ago, for lunch my hosts went outside and picked some avocados, cut them up and sprinkled them with some olive oil, lime juice, salt & pepper. Was the most amazingly delicious lunch ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ meghan: Oh, it was :) Thanks for stopping by!

    @ TheLovelyHunter: Yeah it's not always easy getting veggies in, especially when sweets are much more fun! :)

    @ Silverfaerie: I will have to try that. It's so simple && so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks very fresh :D

    I like my eggs like that too! But I never know how to tell the restaurant how to cook them for me.. It's kind of like Eggs Benedict / Over easy right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. With eggs benedict, the egg is poached (where you crack the egg and cook the contents in water). Over easy is frying it. So, the way I like it is soft boiled; the egg is still intact and you boil it, just not as long as you would a hard boiled egg. It takes practice to get it just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so yummy!! im in a nutritions class so i am learning all about these kind of healthy foods and i love it! im also a vegetarian so im always down for trying something new:)) you have a great blog though! i love it alot, keep it up girl!!:))

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete