Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shop my closet: 70s inspired

Shon and I are going to a last minute 70s inspired party tonight (well last minute to me, Shon already knew about it!). I don't really have any thing in my closet from that era and I don't want to go shopping right now, but I'm going to try to make it work.

Here's what I'm thinking:

  • belted high-waisted bell bottoms 
  • button down, ruffled necked blouse tucked into jeans
  • blazer
  • platforms
  • flowing, wavy hair
  • long pendant necklaces
  • bangles
  • small bag with long chain
Here's what I have:
  • flare low to mid-rise jeans
  • a few blouses that might work
  • a blue blazer
  • platform wedged sandals (brown and gold)
  • high, straight ponytail (remember, last minute, therefore I'm sticking to the 'do I had all day)
  • long black necklaces
  • flashy black bangles
  • no bag with long chain
I feel a little limited in what I have, mostly because a lot of my clothes are black and white. All of my heels are black stripper-esque, and I have a ton of clubbing outfits. I am in dire need of a huge fashion haul, one that is up to date with my changing tastes.

Here are some looks I found that I like:

I really like the clean look of this outfit.
source
love this.
source
I think bohemian falls under 70s fashion...
I found this outfit through Forever 21
a while back.


Also from Forever 21 lookbook
this last one has to be my favorite; i love the suede vest and the lace camisole and the touch of blue in the shoes.


Here's what I came up with by using what items I have in my closet:

I didn't mean for my head to be cut off, but I actually like it like this :)


So, I probably should have gone shopping because none of these outfits look like the 70s. Shon said the last one looks British. Hmph. Oh well, I'm going with the last one. 


Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far!

4 comments:

  1. oh I think it's close enough. ;) hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you ladies. I had a fabulous time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? You like that tan outfit? Some styles from the 70's were awesome, but so many others just....weren't haha. As for the choices you laid out, I chose the same one you ended up wearing. It just looked like...you. And it looked great on you too!

    ReplyDelete