"When I am tempted to criticize I will bite on my tongue; when I am moved to praise I will shout from the roofs."

This is one of my favorite lines from Og Mandino's book "The Greatest Salesman in the world".

The problem is I don't always live by it. I'll think about it after I've already judged a person, which is the sad part. Why is it such a problem for me to see the best in every person? It's even hard for me to praise, or to show my appreciation for others, especially those closest to me.


It seems evil has a much stronger grip on my emotions and my reactions than I would like. It's not fair at times, but I suppose it's necessary, because without evil, there can be no good. There has to be a balance of some sort.

As I recall from Kabbalah lessons our ego comes from evil and we must live in harmony with our egoistic nature so that good may prevail from within us.

So, my main goal of the day is to avoid judging and criticizing others. Instead I'll praise whoever I cross paths with.


Since my last post, I haven't really felt inspired enough to write about anything; I've thought about it, but nothing good came of it. Also, I really haven't had the time to get online. I've been rehearsing for a 2 song performance I had this past Sunday at the House of Blues in Dallas and I just started another semester of school last week.

I'm pretty stoked about the guitar class I'm taking, but I know my journalism class is going to take up a lot of my time...

Hopefully this will be my last semester before receiving my associates degree. I feel like I've been going to school forever and all I will have to show for it is an associates; many of my peers I graduated from high school with are finishing up with their bachelors degree. Even so, I feel I've accomplished enough since high school, and so much more is in store for me. I can feel it.


I've started my day off with a cup of green tea and I think I'm going to do a Shakeology cleanse since I haven't been following a nutritious diet lately. 

I also don't feel like doing an intense or challenging workout today. 
The past two days I followed Zuzana's workouts from bodyrock.tv, and I'm pretty spent. 
I feel like mindlessly running on the treadmill and 
perhaps including some pushups and planks into the mix. 
It's better to be present while working out 
so you get the most out of it, but I could just not work out at all :)

Well, I suppose I should get started on my mindless run so I can play some guitar before I have to leave for my math class. Then it's off to the newsroom to write for the school paper :)

Hope everyone has a happy day! 

Remember to praise others rather than criticize them. 

Comments

Popular Posts