Rainy Day Wednesday

I think I have my days mixed up. 
I woke up before my alarm, cleaned the kitchen a bit, made some Matcha, and now I'm writing this post. However, it is raining. 


Yesterday, I was very unmotivated; no workout, read a book, stayed in my PJs, ate A LOT, watched TV (which I never do), and played Scrabble. Activities you save for rainy days, I say. It was clear skies and sunny. I kept urging myself to go for a run, or take my guitar to the beach, but NOOOO, I just couldn't muster up the energy, or the will. I did, however, manage to eat brunch on the patio with my boyfriend. 
shadows=shining sun


Brunch (pictured here) was an idea I got from this pretty lady and it's called, Savory Egg Oats. It was so yummy! My boyfriend said it tasted like biscuits and gravy, sans the biscuits. While growing up, his mother would make a lavish breakfast filled with biscuits, gravy, sausage, and eggs 'anyway you want 'em' every Sunday, and I really want to recreate that for him. We shall see. 

While I'm on the subject of food...I'm still struggling with my diet. I can't seem to find a balance. I felt as though I was going in the right direction, but I'm still not satisfied with my body. This dissatisfaction causes me to look to my diet as the perpetrator. I then work out harder and seek an entirely new way of eating, completely obliterating any progress made. 

I tried eating a vegan diet, which has been amazing, but then I hear one thing from some one who says, 'Eating that way isn't any better than eating this way: [insert babble, facts, proof].' Then it gets me thinking, 'Maybe I'm doing the wrong thing.' So, I begin a frantic search for THE thing that'll work perfectly for ME. This leads me to the position I'm in now: flustered, confused, lost. 

I think what I'll do first is stop calling myself vegan. 
No more labels. 
Then, I will stop reading so many books/blogs/articles on what diet is THE right diet. 
I will decide what is right for me.
Lastly, I will attempt to have a balanced relationship with food.
No more binge eating or obsessing. 

Starting today I am going to include mostly fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts and nut butters (sparingly, if at all since they are my weakness), and fish in my diet. Also, I will drink wine and eat chocolate if cravings ensue. 

Maybe this blog can assist me in my progress and I can one day overcome my obsessive behavior. 
Hope everyone is having a happy and fulfilling day!

Comments

  1. Thank you SO much for your sweet comments and SWEET shout out! YAY for savory oats! so good and unique!! and for the maple coffee oats, I just sub in some coffee for the water i usually make it with! ( i usually use 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of water when making 1.2 cup oats, so i would use like 1 or 1/2 cup of coffee along with the milk!) AND add maple extract while cooking ! SO GOOD!
    love those goals girl! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the weather has been crazy! blogging is great to work out problems and talk (I think I just complain). I totally know I shouldn't read diet books and magazines and still want to; I'll try to stop that bad behavior with you! best wishes and happy new year
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so confused too! best wishes; you're doing all the right things to be totally healthy
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment! And remember, you are not defined by a label and don't get caught up in labeling yourself this or that, it will only lead to more confusion! Trust me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts