"I will laud mine enemies and they will become friends; I will encourage my friends and they will become brothers."

I suppose this line from "The Greatest Salesman in the World" is similar to a quote we're probably all too familiar with: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." To me there's a slight difference. When I hear the latter, it makes me think of spite and distrust. It does not make me think of actual closeness with the "enemy"; rather it seems to imply "keeping a closer eye" on the "enemy". The former quote, the one from my daily&motivational reading, is geared towards praising your enemies until they are no longer your enemy, and lifting your friends even higher than you ever have, until they are your brother.

I think the ultimate goal is to befriend every person you come into contact with. 

Show them love
Praise them with kind words
Make them feel their best.


Here's my pre-workout snack:


  • Ezekial whole grain sprouted raisin cinnamon bread
  • Justin's hazelnut chocolate spread
  • 1/2 banana
  • Ground flax seed
  • Cup pomegranate raspberry green tea
  • 2 glasses of water






Now I'm debating what workout I should do. Yesterday's workout was reverse lunges&squats with some push-ups, so my legs are really sore today. A lot of Zuzana's workouts from http://bodyrock.tv incorporat leg exercises. I don't know what to do! :) I might just run intervals on the treadmill and work on abs. That way I can give my thighs a little rest before I go to yoga tomorrow since a lot of the poses use leg and core strength.

Alright, I'm off to do my workout then stretch/meditation.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and try to befriend every person you come into contact with, as well as make your enemies your friends :) It's certainly a challenge at first, but you'll feel so much lighter with out the build up of tension and hate on your shoulders.

Goal of the day: be happy, be kind, smile at everyone, commit at least one random act of kindness, eat moderately and healthy, and make mucho dinero :)

Comments

Popular Posts