Refreshed and Rejuvenated

I started today off a little later than usual-noon to be exact-because I was in dire need of sleep! :) Lately, I seem to have really busy weekends filled without sleep... a good thing? Possibly. It must mean I'm getting something done. 

I began my afternoon with some light reading from Og Mandino's "The Greatest Salesman in the World". The quote I mentioned in the video that stood out most to me has a lot to do with how often I come up against obstacles, challenges, forks in the road. Whatever you wanna call it, it's that bump in the road of your life that you might wish was nonexistent. 

However, life wouldn't be as interesting without obstacles. They are like spices to rev things up a bit :) Let's say you overcome your obstacles, you could then be surprised with something very rewarding. 

Doesn't that sound worth it? 

Maybe not, but obstacles aren't going to disappear, so we might as well improve our reaction to them. Think of the rewards you receive as your dues from overcoming the many fun and exciting obstacles you face. 

After my daily, motivational reading, I got straight into my workout from bodyrock.tv. Since I don't have a sandbag like Zuzana uses in her video, I ended up doing 20 rounds of the 3 exercises, instead of 10 rounds. 

OMG, was it freakin' tough. 
My legs turned into jello and I was sweating waterfalls. 
This is normal though. 
I attack Z's workouts with maximum effort so I can get maximum results. 
No pain, no gain, right? 
Haha. 

I rewarded myself with a nice cool down and some meditative stretching. Oh and of course, a lovely post workout meal... chocolate Shakeology! YUM,YUM,YUM. 

Dinner was even better. I got the recipe idea from the Toneitup.com chicas. It looks a little like this:


Quinoa and spinach salad with pistachios, unsweetened dried cranberries, olive oil, lemon, and a pinch of sea salt. I drank some yummy chamomile tea along with it, which relaxes me before I go to sleep, even though I'm not going to sleep yet :)

I was so hungry while I was cooking the Quinoa that I cut up an asian pear to snack on. Asian pears are freakin' awesome!



Earlier, I went to a Beachbody training meeting in Grapevine (if you're interested in getting paid to be fit, let me know!). It was informative and full of laughter, because there were some nutty individuals present :) It was really fun, and that's what you'll find out about working with this company; everyone is so happy and caring and fun! Oh and not to mention fit and healthy.

On my way home I stopped by Central Market to get a few things, mainly for that yummy Quinoa salad, and the sun was falling below the horizon, setting a canopy of warm colors in the sky. My camera phone sucks, but I tried to capture it. At the same time, my favorite song from Incubus came on and the moment was just so blissful. I let it fill my mind with peace, which has carried on through the rest of my evening and will hopefully continue on into my dreams. 

Last night's dreams were torturous, so I'm hoping for a more restful sleep tonight.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on long enough about my day. I need to get more organized with my posts. Soon, I promise. For now, I'll just journal my thoughts and what's going on in my life. 

Goodnight everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts