He's brewing butterscotch toffee coffee and while he sits awaiting a cup, he indulges in a bit of chocolate&&peanut covered toffee; the toffee that we got on our day trip to Julian, CA yesterday from a cute little store called, Julian Cider Mill: Nuts & Honey. The aroma fills our apartment and the envy sets in. (Since I'm eating healthy today!)
|What I really wanted...chocolate toffee pecans. Mmm.|
|Homemade jams and candies! And way too many people in|
such a small store.
|The chocolate/peanut covered toffee we ended up getting. It was delish!|
I've decided to save indulgent treats and eats for Saturdays, but if I really want something I'm not going to deprive myself of my desires :) When I do this, Sunday becomes a day where all I really want is to fill my body up with nutritious and fresh foods.
Needless to say, that is why today was a day of detox and rest for me. Friday and Saturday were pretty indulgent days filled with wine, beer, apple pie, milkshakes, chocolate, and chips; oh, and not much sleep!
So, this mornin' Shon had his delicious smelling coffee with his sweet treat breakfast (boy was it hard not to cave into that), while I started my day with a super energizing green smoothie, and let me tell ya, it's just as good at waking ya up as coffee is.
The rest of the day went like this:
- tried to convince Shonuff to give me a massage (has yet to happen and the night is almost over)
- played Yahtzee: I won a game & Shon won a game
|My second Yahtzee :) 100 points...BOOM!|
- lots of rest, including a two hour nap
- watched Bucket List from my bed while reading fashion blogs (and wishing I were a fashionista)
- enjoyed detoxifying liquid meals (one was cocoa, banana, and PB!)
- watched the Cowboys lose in the last few seconds of the game
I have many photos of mine and Shon's outings from the past two weekends; in due time they'll be available for your viewing pleasure. (That's not supposed to sound snooty or conceited in any way. ha!)
hope you had an amazing weekend && a wonderful week to come!